Empathy in Action
Empathy is the ability to experience and relate to the thoughts, emotions, or experiences of others. In the workplace, empathy can show deep respect for co-workers and show that you care, as opposed to just going by rules and regulations, thus creating a safe and secure environment for the employees
This masterclass session will guide the participants towards starting to understand and deploy empathy in the workplace. Our Empathy in Action masterclass will help provide not only an understanding of empathy, but also ways to convey and express it to contribute to greater inclusion in the workplace.
- Understand what empathy is and what it is not
- Discover the science behind and benefits of empathy
- Examine the connection between active listening and empathy
- Practice active listening
- Reflect on your own ways of practicing empathy
Takeaway: An understanding of empathy, active listening and a self-directed method of practicing empathy at work.