Overview of position
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist with a genuine interest in diversity and inclusion. You will use your knowledge of statistics and machine learning methods for data analysis, validation, and visualisation. You will help build and develop our tools and contribute towards product research and design.
This exciting opportunity will provide the chance to develop tools to enhance organisations’ understanding of inclusivity and improve the experiences of their employees and the future of their organisation.
This role will include:
• Analysing organisational data and producing research to support the development of our D&I tools
• Using your experience to recommend and research statistical / machine learning tools and technologies for new projects
• Conducting exploratory analysis on large datasets to determine whether you can draw conclusions or actionable insight
• Have responsibility in data science strategical decisions for client work as well as for new product development, evaluating new and emerging technologies
• Communicating results of technical research with a non-technical audience, both visually and verbally
• Making decisions on what data to collect and how, to ensure we are measuring areas that will have impact
• Working collaboratively with developers on application software
• Taking the lead role and ownership on specific products
This role will be based from home, however, there may be the need to travel in the future (post-pandemic).
Knowledge and experience:
• BSc or equivalent in a quantitative discipline. E.g. Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science
• Skilled with statistical programming languages, including experience in manipulation of large datasets with one or more of R, MATLAB, Python (willingness to learn new languages as required for the role)
• Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
• Familiarity with linear algebra, statistics, and machine learning concepts such as regression, clustering analysis, neural networks, etc.
• Experience using data mining techniques in a real-life application
• Data visualisation and MI reporting experience
• Solid conceptual understanding of data architecture and pipeline design
• Experience with data engineering, preferably using AWS services
• The ability to collaborate as part of a team, but also work well independently
• Understanding of GDPR
• Flexible and happy to work on a diverse range of projects with colleagues from different functions, as well as within the Data team.
In Diverse Company works with global organisations to help build inclusive cultures and develop diverse workforces. This is at the heart of what we do for our clients, and we ensure we maintain an inclusive environment for all our employees too. We are a fast-growing start-up organisation, currently building our client base with lots of exciting opportunities around the world.
In Diverse Company is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, facilities and services to support employees from all different backgrounds. We are committed to providing development opportunities to all our employees.
Location: UK. The role will be home-based but occasional travel may be required.
Salary: £30,000 per annum
This role can be offered as a part-time or full-time position.